Morning body activation with this 5-7 min yoga practice (from your bed!)
Feeling guilty for not waking up to work out? Perhaps you have the intention to wake up and do some exercise and like me prefer to snooze for a little longer? Try this gentle morning body activation from the comfort of your bed.
Morning activation practice:
- Bring your awareness to your breath and how the body feels after sleep
- Wind release pose (alternate right & left knees to chest) x 3 each
- Wind release pose (both knees to chest & lift head to knees gently)
- Supine twists (knees to right, head to left & vice versa) x 3 each
- Child’s pose (rock up into child pose – I use a pillow at the belly for support)
- Thread the needle (lift buttocks, take one arm through the gap of the outstretched opposite arm & vice versa) x 2 each
Stay guilt-free Yogis!