What is a 'healthy lifestyle' anyway?
Healthy living: what does it mean to live a healthy lifestyle?
Some people exercise 2-7 times a week, eat lean meats, or no meats, never drink or smoke, or do drink and smoke and perhaps it does all balance out in the end. Who knows?
I think it’s important to have the right balance for you. And only you can assess what works or not by becoming aware of your choices and how they make you feel. If you try to maintain a balance of the following, I’m sure it’s a good start to living a balanced, healthy lifestyle…
- Eat well: unprocessed foods where possible and whatever else you want… well you have to have a life right?!
- Sleep well: figure out what works for you. Is it 6 hrs or 9 hrs a night? I’ve recently worked out that my optimal sleep is 7.5hrs per night and I wake up fresh and ready for the day, especially with a morning exercise routine to get my system started
- Remember to breathe: consciously and with awareness to really allow the oxygen to flow throughout the body and get out of the city as much as you possibly can to get some real air
- Keep the mind active and engaged: read something to allow your mind to create, do puzzles or play games (try a board game or quiz instead of a mobile / tablet / console game)
- Do something fun: take a class (pottery, painting, fitness, boot camp, dance, or of course yoga)
Figure out what a ‘healthy lifestyle’ means for you.