Six fruits for radiating skin
Try these fruits and see the difference:
- Watermelons – act as a natural toner as they are rich in potassium, vitamins A and C. The antioxidant properties help reduce free radicals* in the body to prevent signs of ageing and reduce irritation.
- Papayas – are low in calories and keep the skin hydrated, allowing for the removal of dead skin cells.
- Lemons – are super low in calories and high in vitamin C. Their acidic make-up helps to exfoliate and eliminate dead skin cells to promote skin growth and unblock pores.
- Strawberries – low in calories, high in potassium and vitamin C (higher than oranges) the antioxidants prevent skin cell and body damage caused by free radicals. The acidic properties help to eliminate dead skin cells.
- Pineapples – are an effective acne treatment with antioxidants keeping the skin looking younger due to the high potassium and vitamin C content.
- Grapes – contain antioxidant properties, which protect the skin from the effects of free radicals*, helping to reduce the appearance of dark spots, blemishes and wrinkles.
*Free radicals are simple molecules with an electron missing (damaged cells). They seek other chemical structures in the body to become stable and ‘whole’. In doing so, they leave another molecule missing an electron and so this goes on. They start off as healthy cells and become unhealthy when they break or are damaged. Trauma to skin cells can be increased by things like pollution, UV, chemicals / cosmetics, illness, poor diet & excessive alcohol, stress, smoking, drugs, busy lifestyle.
Ways to reduce free radicals / skin damage:
- Increase antioxidant intake
- Increase the elimination of damaged cells (vitamin C)
- Healthy, balanced diet
- UV protection
- Relaxed lifestyle
- Natural cosmetics (reduce chemicals you apply on skin and face)
- Boost immunity
- Reduce smoking / drugs / alcohol intake
- More fresh air (less pollution)
- Manage stress
Eat your way free of radicals to great skin!