Having trouble sleeping?
Lack of sleep affects many of us these days. It could be that we're so busy thinking about the millions of things that we need to do, what we should have done, what we could have done better and what we probably shouldn't have... but we just cannot seem to switch off in our fast-paced cosmopolitan lives.
Why not try preparing yourself for bed time an hour or so before it's time for you to sleep? Below, you'll find a list of five tips to try that may help you get that much needed and much deserved sleep.
- switch off / dim the lights
- listen to some relaxing instrumental music an hour before bed
- try to avoid the tv, laptop, tablet and mobile an hour or two before bed
- have a herbal tea and avoid coffee past 4pm
- try a 10-minute guided meditation or restorative yoga sequence to relax the mind and body
I know some of these tips may seem impractical, but how about you try them a couple of nights a week and see if you notice a difference.
There's a rumour that March 14th is WORLD SLEEP DAY! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow... Happy sleeping peops.