Love yourself healthier
It's Valentine's week and most of the Western world will be working out what to get /do/ organise/book etc for their loved one or ones if you're open ;-)
Personally, I believe everyone should do whatever it is that their heart asks on this or any other day of the year for their love. But what about loving yourself? I'm loving myself today with an orange, spinach, celery, kiwi, matcha (green tea extract) and honey juice. Hmmmm Mmmmm. The fresh parrot green colour and the bitter-sweet taste of the spinach/celery against the sweet orange and the honey is delicious. And I love the black seeds from the kiwi. The whole thing pops in my mouth.
Here's a few benefits to loving yourself with a juice:
- Oranges: low in calories, helps clear skin and contains Vitamin C, A and calcium - good for skin, a healthy heart and diabetes.
- Spinach: improves blood quality, restores energy and contains vitamin K, A, B2, Magnesium & Iron - good for bone health, acts as an anti-inflammatory and aids function of the red blood cells.
- Kiwi: an antioxidant, reduces high cholesterol levels and contains Vitamin C, K and copper - good for reducing arthritis, asthma and diabetic heart disease.
- Celery: super low calorie, reduces stress and contains Magnesium, natural Sodium and pheromones - good for the nervous system, age-related degenerative eye diseases and your sex life (when chewed).
- Honey: natural sweetener, aids digestion and contains Fructose, Glucose and water - good for acne, mosquito bites, digestion and immunity.
Why not make your lover a Valentine's treat for breakfast by swapping out the oranges to include the items below to keep him / her energised, detoxed and to get them in the mood.
- Saffron (a little goes a long way)