How to welcome awareness into your daily life
With the idea of mindfulness being discussed so often these days, Yogarei offers a few easy tips for how you can bring awareness (be mindful) in your day-to-day lives to improve your overall health and wellbeing…
- Protect the eyes and stare at a blank spot / solid coloured wall for 20 seconds every 20 mins (relax and refocus the eyes)
- Bring awareness to your breath and take 21 deep, relaxing, full breaths (notice the areas of the body where there is any tension)
- Engage the core and lift each leg alternately or both legs so they’re parallel to the floor (repeat until you acknowledge the change in blood flow)
- Move away from your desk every hour to refill you glass / bottle of water (it gets you away from your screen and seated posture, whilst you hydrate)
- If you have a desk job, engage the core, lift up through the ribs, open the chest, drop the shoulders back and keep the chin parallel to the floor (you’re strengthening your core at the same time as improving your posture)
Stay aware to stay healthy!